In the 21st century Adventist education must build on the strengths of the past to create a dynamic future. With renewed purpose, effective plans for improvement, and innovative practices, schools and students will thrive in this new century.
Journey to Excellence is about change — innovative change that will result in school improvement. This publication should empower educational leaders to embark on a journey to excellence. It should be a catalyst to create the future now in Adventist schools.
Journey to Excellence will fulfill the vision of vibrant Adventist education in the 21st century. However, excellent schools are not produced by accident or as the result of a single change event. Excellence is an organizational culture that encourages continual, planned improvement. When all aspects of the educational environment foster ongoing innovation, quality schools will emerge.
The following materials may be helpful in sharing the Journey to Excellence (J2E) vision:
Journey to Excellence is illustrated in this model:
The Journey to Excellence includes:
- vision, shared values, and common goals.
- clear understanding of the philosophy, history, and goals of Adventist education.
- utilization of the growing body of research on effective education.
- educational leaders and governing boards who create school cultures that encourage innovation without fear of failure.
- renewing cycle of improvement in Adventist schools.