Professional development is an essential, on-going process that creates a collaborative school environment fostering student achievement.
- Effective professional development will focus on areas of identified need, innovative methods, and research-driven topics.
- Effective professional development includes clear and specific goals
- the teacher creating and implementing a personal professional development plan.
- the school as outlined in the comprehensive school improvement plan.
- the conference, union, and Division through improvement initiatives.
- Effective professional development will include on-going systematic activities
- attending seminars, workshops, and professional conventions
- membership and participation in professional organizations
- maintaining appropriate teaching certification
- peer coaching
- participating in study groups
- observing other teachers and other school programs
- professional presentations
- professional reading
- studying for advanced degrees
- To promote exemplary schools, teachers, schools, conferences, and unions will ensure adequate time is available on an on-going basis for planning, implementation, and participation in specific professional development activities.