Multimedia involves the integration of text, graphics, audio and/or video technologies. The use of multimedia can address multiple learning styles in the classroom. Its effective use will enhance learning experiences through modes that students are familiar with outside of the classroom.
Some key points to keep in mind:
- Ensure that content is carefully considered when choosing multimedia elements.
- Snippets of audio or video may be more appropriate than the entire content.
- Guard against copyright infringements.
- Multimedia is most effective when used in conjunction with a variety of teaching strategies.
- Older technologies may continue to be effective in multimedia presentations.