- www.webbasedtraining.com/: Free information on developing and delivering on-line learning. Includes articles about Web-based training and e-learning industry trends.
- http://surfaquarium.com/IT/edge.htm: Sites recommended as cutting edge resources for innovative teaching.
- www.gdrc.org/info-design/instruct/ learning-culture.html: Summary of steps necessary for fostering a learning climate.
- www.kn.pacbell.com/wired/vidconf/ instruct.html: Site on using videoconferencing technology for interactive learning.
- www.darden.edu/batten/clc/primer_articles.htm : Articles on various issues affecting institutional and teaching effectiveness.
- http://glossary.plasmalink.com/glossary.html: Plasma Link Web Services provides the Glossary of Instructional Strategies as a resource for all educators.
- www.schoolhousedoor.com: An excellent site for administrators to access articles on various topics, including innovative practices. The key is to go to the principal’s office on the site.
- http://www.nfer.ac.uk/index.cfm: An excellent site to research any educational topic.
- http://www.uleth.ca/edu/research/ ictrd/presentations/present3.cfm An article and ideas on innovative practices.
- http://ifets.ieee.org/periodical/vol_1_2003/ crichton.html: A series of abstracts on innovative practices.
- http://www.education-world.com/ #AdministratorsDesk: A variety of resources for principals, including innovative practices and professional development. li>
- http://www.state.nj.us/njded/clear/ Innovative ideas for principals wanting to encourage innovative practices.
- www.colosys.net/admin.html: A list of internet resources for school administrators.
- www.aasa.org/: Many articles and research on educational issues.
- www.naesp.org/: Information for elementary school principals on a variety of subjects.
- North American Division Handbook for Principals, page 54. Contact your Conference or Union Office for a copy.
- The Journal of Adventist Education. North American Division. See http://circle.adventist.org for back issues.
- Journal of Curriculum and Supervision. www.ascd.org A refereed scholarly journal published quarterly. Abstracts of articles in current and archived issues available for ready access. The complete issues are available for sale.
- Educational Leadership. www.ascd.org ASCD’s flagship publication with sources of information about teaching and learning, new ideas and practices, and the latest trends and issues affecting pre-Kindergarten through higher education.
- Principal Leadership. http://www.principals.org/s_nassp/sec_abstracts.asp?CID=43&DID=43 Journal of NASSP (National Association of Secondary School Principals). Focuses on the school leader’s need for practical strategies for improving the school. See especially the section on “Tips for Principals.”
- The 3 Keys to Empowerment: Release the Power Within People for Astonishing Results, Ken Blanchard, John P Carlos, and Alan Randolph.
- Leading Change, John P. Kotter . Great reviews – a practical book on how to follow through from vision to reality.
- 1001 Ways to Energize Employees, Bob Nelson. Covey’s review – “A mother lode of practical ideas and practices on building employee morale and unleashing employee potential.”
- 1001 Ways to Reward Employees, Bob Nelson. Review comment – “This book should be in the drawer of every manager’s desk.”