Copyright © 2004-2008 North American Division Office of Education
Go to Top
- North American Division Handbook for Principals. Contact your Conference or Union Office for a copy.
- The Journal of Adventist Education. North American Division. See http://circle.adventist.org for back issues.
- What Works in Schools: Translating Research into Action, Robert J. Marzano. NASSP, 2003. Book with suggestions on how schools can operate at advanced levels of effectiveness.
- What Works: Research About Teaching and Learning edited by William John Bennett. Wooster Book Company, 1996.
- Qualities of Effective Teachers, James H. Stronge. ASCD, 2002. Book with practical focus on how the teacher can become effective.
- School Leadership: Handbook for Excellence edited by Stuart C. Smith and Philip K. Piele. Univ. of Oregon Press, 1996. Book with chapters devoted to important roles such as developing leaders, transforming culture, leading the instructional program and staff, and details of managing the principal’s role.
- The Principal: New Leadership for New Challenges, John T. Seyfarth. Prentice-Hall, 1999. Good chapters on the principal’s roles and responsibility in creating and developing school atmosphere and culture and the principal as organizational and instructional leader and manager.
- The Principalship, Thelbert L. Drake and William H. Roe. Merrill Prentice Hall, 2003. Comprehensive discussion of the principal’s various tasks and roles with selected readings concluding each chapter.
- Educational Leadership. www.ascd.org ASCD’s flagship publication with sources of information about teaching and learning, new ideas and practices, and the latest trends and issues affecting pre-Kindergarten through higher education.
- Journal of Curriculum and Supervision. www.ascd.orgA refereed scholarly journal published quarterly. Abstracts of articles in current and archived issues available for ready access. The
complete issues are available for sale.
- Principal Leadership. www.nassp.org/publicationsJournal of NASSP. Focuses on the school leader’s need for practical strategies for improving the school. See especially the section on “Tips for Principals.”
Go to Top