Fostering a Spiritual Climate
This list furnishes the leader with materials that provide information about how to foster a spiritual climate on the campus. Because the principal is the spiritual leader, it is vital that a model of an active relationship with Jesus Christ be fostered and maintained.
- http://circle.adventist.org general online K-12 evangelism topics and resources.
- http://nadeducationadventist.org resources to contact SDA institutions re: various religious programming. e.g. Week of Prayer speakers, Bible Camps, Bible Labs, mission trips etc.
- http://edforum.adventist.org portal to allow school administrators and teachers to dialog online with other colleagues.
- http://www.tagnet.org/bre/spiritneeds.htm a spiritual needs assessment tool to determine spiritual climate of school.
- http://netministries.org pre filtered site with topics including Christian literature, classroom activities and multi-lingual publications.
- www.LaSierra.edu/schools/religion the Valuegenesis website.
- Character Building Activities for Kids by Darlene Mannix. Book using character-building activities for classroom use.
- North American Division Handbook for Principals p.54
- Spiritual Development in School – Invisible to the Eye. Alan Brown, Joan Furlong. 1996. How to measure the spiritual climate in your school.
- Values of Church Schools. Peter Shepherd. 1998. A look at what church school values.
- Prayer Evangelism. Bill Bright and Ed Silvoso. 2000. How to change the spiritual climate of your home, neighborhood and city.
- Shaping School Culture. Terrance E Deal 1999. Basic principles of change that can be applied to Spiritual culture.
- Christian Educator Journal. A forum for Christian school administrators.
- Leadership Promises for Everyday. John Maxwell 2003. Designed to inspire and remind administrators of the responsibility of Gods work.