Administrative Leadership and Development
This web site is not intended to be an exhaustive resource but a dynamic growing site that will continually be updated by those who use it. To ensure currency, please send us new resources that have worked for you.
Importance of LeadershipAdministrators will recognize the importance of the leadership role. The exemplary administrator will effectively relate with groups and individuals while maintaining a clear vision for the school program by:
- fostering a spiritual climate.
- creating a culture for learning.
- researching and implementing effective instructional strategies.
- developing a personal professional growth plan which includes activities
- membership in professional organizations.
- attendance at relevant workshops.
- professional reading.
- assisting staff in professional development.
- supporting staff in innovative practices.
- maintaining appropriate certification.
- promoting the school to its various constituencies.
- managing the variety of school functions.
Enhancing Professional Performance
Administrators will enhance their professional performance through practices such as reviewing current literature, seeking regular evaluations, keeping time logs, and conducting constituent surveys to assist in self-evaluation.
Developing Administrative CandidatesAdministrators will identify potential candidates for administrative positions and provide opportunities for leadership development. The fostering of new leaders may include the use of resources for:
- release time
- professional development