If you are a 5th and 6th grade teacher and only want to see resources which are appropriate for your grade level, you can use filters to accomplish this.
- First, go to the browse page, select a category which interests you, and find the "Current Filters" box on the right-had side of the list. Click on the yellow "[add]" in the top right corner of this box.
- When the filter wizard appears, pick "Grade Level" for your filter type.
- Next, choose "Grade 5" from the first list and "Grade 6" from the second list for your grade range.
- Finally, click the "Add" button to set the filter. You will see a new white line in the "Current Filters" box with the text "Grade 5-Grade 6".
- Now, every topic or subject you browse will be filtered to show only resources appropriate for grades 5 through 6.
If you wish to further restrict the resource so that web site resources are not included, click on the "[add]" graphic again.
- This time, select "Resource Type" for your filter type.
- Next, pick "Show all Resources but…" from the first list and "internet/web" as the resource type.
- Finally, click the "Add" button to set the filter.
- You will now see a second filter with the text "Exclude internet/web", and only non-internet resources which are appropriate for 5th and 6th graders will be displayed.
To remove your grade level restriction, click on the trash can next to "Grade 5-Grade 6" filter. That filter will disappear.
Finally, click on the trash can next to the "Exclude internet/web" filter to remove this last filter. You are now back to viewing all resources in the categories you browse, and in your search results.