Filters are a key tool for making the most of your CIRCLE experience. Below are some of the questions frequently asked about filters.
what you see, enabling you to focus on a shorter list more likely to match your educational
needs. Filters can be used wherever you see a list of resources, while browsing or searching. Filters can be set or deleted
at any time.
To add a filter:
- Click the "plus" () next to filters in the browse tools box
- on the right side of the page, or click the filter icon.
- Select the type of filter you wish to add.
- Specify the values of the filter.
- Click the "add" button to apply the new filter.
- The filter will appear in the browse tools box below filters.
You can set more than one filter at a time using the same procedure to add each filter. If you set more than one filter, a resource must match the requirements of each filter in order to be displayed. Note that the more filters you set, the narrower the range of resources displayed. If no resources are returned when searching or browsing, try deleting one or more of your filters.
To delete a filter:
- Click on the "X" () next to the filter you want to delete
in the browse tools box.
- The deleted filter will no longer appear in the list of filters.
To edit a filter:
- Click on the "pencil-in-hand" () next to the filter you want to edit.
- Change the values.
- Click the "update" button.
- Check the edited filter in the filters list.
Filters are saved using cookies
. This means that your
filter settings are stored on your computer and will be in effect until you edit them, delete them or close your
web browser. If no resources are found, try deleting or editing filter settings.